Home-Made Chips Recipe
Craving chip-shop chips but not sure you appreciate that fat-fryer taste? Take a look at these home-made chips, a healthier, cheaper alternative to heading to your nearest takeaway.
1. Peel your potatoes! I have made these with the skin still on and it was just as yummy, so if you’re feeling lazy, skip this step.
2. Cut your potatoes into wedges. We like our chips thick rather than skinny, but you can obviously adapt them to your personal preference.
3. Pop them into a pot of water and bring to the boil. Only leave them for around five minutes, you don’t want to make accidental mash potato!
4. While your chips are boiling, prepare a baking tray with vegetable oil, and all the spices. We used garlic, paprika, Cajun, ginger, oregano, salt and pepper, but the possibilities are endless. Maybe a pinch of curry powder would be interesting…
5. Put your chips into your baking tray, and mix them around. Don’t be afraid to use your hands to make sure all the chips are coated.
6. Bake the chips in the oven for around fifteen/twenty minutes, turning them over occasionally. You want your oven to be nice and hot, otherwise your chips won’t go crispy.
7. And voila! Yummy, home-made chips that you don’t need to feel guilty about. Enjoy!